Hello FUELLED family!
Are you still starting the day with black coffee and a slice of toast or a cappuccino and pastry from the coffee shop? Well get ready to UP LEVEL your breakfasts this year and shift into high gear so you can seize your day in a massive (and natural) way!
That’s what this week’s post is about ~ SUPERCHARGED ~ SUPERFOOD ~ HIGH VIBING BREAKFASTS!
WAIT! What the heck is high vibing??? Checked the urban dictionary and an online blog to explain it to you guys here (big-time research skills at work lol):
“High vibing is raising that frequency so you can vibe with the cosmos and bring in more positive things. Like attracts like, so if we are a beacon of higher vibration we will draw in more. Here are some ways that I practice high vibing…!”
“A naturally high state. The state of joy one achieves when a persons actions and beliefs are aligned and all the pieces of their life have integrity and love at it’s core. The state of bliss experienced when at full health as a result of being substance free.” (including caffeine ~ wink wink!)
Here are four of my faves to get you started. Feel free to email me with any questions about your current go-to breakfast – like if you want to find out if it’s filled with nutrient powerhouses or not – and/or if you would like a specific type of recipe that I haven’t suggested here!
But…HOLD ON!! Am I saying food can have a vibration?? Basically, yes, I believe so. I am a firm believer that food is medicine and that it really affects everything in my body and mind. Bright, organic, vibrant fruits and vegetables and especially greens are way up there, and they just make you feel so good in your mind and body, whereas processed foods from boxes and bags that you tear open at the top make you feel how….not so good. It’s a huge part of my FUELLED philosophy where F-U-E-L is an acronym for Food Unleashing Energy for Life!! Unleashing Energy…!!
HIGH VIBIN’ BREAKFASTS BABY!
Featuring….these plant-based, vegan, nutrient powerhouse foods….
- The Iron Monkey Smoothie with Almond Chunks!
- Kale and Mango Kowabunga Smoothie!
- Ezekiel or Genesis Sprouted Grain Bread with Almond Butter & Plum Butter or Apple Butter with (high vit C) Camu Camu Powder Mixed In, Topped with Sliced Organic Apples…!
- Chia Pudding with Antioxidant Loaded Berries, Nut Butter and Sliced Almonds!
The Iron Monkey Smoothie with Almond Chunks!
This is a great way to get your fresh, raw, organic spinach in first thing in the morning! It also makes a great smoothie bowl base. Just put it in a bowl and top with seeds, nuts or fruit.
- 3 fresh or frozen bananas, or a mixture of both fresh and frozen is what I prefer
- 1 to 2 cups spinach (push in as much as you can!)
- ½ green apple (a sour one like granny smith)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (optional) or 3 dried prunes (these are additional sweeteners if you want them)
- 1 – 1.5 cups water (or until you get your desired thickness)
- 1 tsp moringa powder or fresh/frozen leaves if you have them (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds (or however much you’d like)
Blend all of these awesome ingredients, except the almonds, in a blender until they’re smooth and creamy, thick and green. Then toss in the almonds and blend on pulse ’til they break up a bit but stay chunky overall. Serve immediately. The almonds will force you to actually EAT and CHEW your smoothie, rather than drink it. Which is great for getting your saliva and all of your enzymes involved, absorbing more nutrients and slooooooowing it down. Enjoy!
Parsley – toss it inside!
Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds or hempseeds.
Kale and Mango Kowabunga Smoothie!
This is one of my favourite ways to use raw kale. Makes a great smoothie bowl base. Just put it in a bowl and top with seeds, nuts or fruit.
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup kale
- ¾ cup pineapple juice or coconut water or fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup water (or until you get your desired thickness)
- 1 tsp moringa powder or fresh/frozen leaves if you have them or substitute moringa with wheatgrass powder, spirulina, or chlorella (optional).
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
Blend all of these awesome ingredients in a blender until they’re smooth and creamy, thick and green. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Ezekiel or Genesis Sprouted Grain Bread with Almond Butter & Plum Butter or Apple Butter with (high vit C) Camu Camu Powder Mixed In, Topped with Sliced Organic Apples…!
This is one of my favourite breakfasts and a twist on almond butter toast.
- 2 slices of Ezekiel or Genesis Brand sprouted grain bread (this technically has gluten in it so not OK for people with Celiac Disease, however, because the grains are sprouted, it does not tend to irritate the intestinal tract of people who are normally gluten intolerant)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil for frying (or you can just have it defrosted instead of heated)
- Almond butter
- A Polish plum butter (the Polish one is the best) or Canadian or American apple butter
- 1 tsp of Camu Camu powder
- 1/3 organic apple of your choice, sliced
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt, to taste
First, you have to decide if you’d like to gently fry your sprouted grain bread or have it just cold and defrosted. I love both. To fry it, pour coconut oil into a frying pan and place over medium heat. Take 2 slices of Ezekiel bread from the freezer and place (frozen) onto the hot pan. Fry for 20 seconds and then flip so that the other side is coated with oil too. Continue to fry both sides until they’re golden on the edges and in the center and nice and crispy on the outside. Remove from pan and, while hot, take a big tablespoon or two of almond butter and spread it on the toast. Sprinkle with a touch of pink salt or sea salt if you like (and if your diet allows it). Then, in a separate cup, mix a few tablespoons of plum butter or apple butter with a teaspoon of Camu Camu powder (loaded with Vit. C!) ’til it’s all mixed in and spread that on your almond butter. Then top it off with the thinly sliced organic apple and enjoy while toast is still hot!
Chia Pudding with Antioxidant Loaded Berries, Nut Butter and Sliced Almonds!
My little sister Ola introduced me to rich and delicious chia pudding and I’ve been experimenting with it ever since. This is a classic, rich, clean, vanilla chia pudding recipe with a nut butter variation and toppings. Feel free to do your own thing too!
Makes 1 mason jar full.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk from the can
- ½ cup unsweetened organic oat milk, almond milk, flaxseed milk, cashew milk or other dairy milk alternative
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp raw vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup organic chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp of smooth almond butter
- Defrosted berries and sliced almonds to top it off
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
Chia pudding needs time to set and thicken so make this recipe the night before and chill in the fridge overnight or for up to 3 days. The seeds will double in size and create a jelly-like outer surface. Combine all of the ingredients in a clear glass mason jar, except for the berries and almond slices, with the chia seeds going in last, on top of everything else. Seal the jar and shake the ingredients together vigorously. If the chia isn’t well blended, then open the jar and whisk the chia to combine. Place in the fridge to chill and thicken overnight. Serve as soon as it thickens (or anytime after that) and top with fresh fruits or berries & sliced almonds.
I truly hope you have fun with these recipes & if you’d like to send me your own high vibing breakfast recipe, I’d LOVE to hear from you!! Happy to publish yours in a later post!
Seize the day guys!! It’s one day or day 1!!
Remember, the universe has your back.
Note: Sources for the definitions: